Pages

Monday, January 31, 2022

Progress Update - Autumn Mapping (January 2022)


It's 2022, so it's time for another monthly progress update!

I managed to finish the one hunting area as I shared in the last update, now I have one final hunting area left to complete. So currently I'm working on updating the maps for autumn. Since it affects the color scheme of the village, I have to redo all of the maps. It's hard work, but I think it's progressing well.

Should I add fallen leaves too?

And I'm thinking of adding more variation of monsters at the hunting areas to make it less bland. I'm still deciding how I'll make each variation different, so we'll see how that idea ends up later.

Well, that's all from me, and I hope all of you have a great year ahead. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dreamwhizz!

    It is looking really interesting, for the falling leaves there may be some sort of weather effect, where the leaves are seen falling on the foreground?

    Also, I wanted to ask you something regarding skills, I noticed on my last playthrough on December that I ended up with a lot of unspent skill points, even though I learned every skill I could either on the power or speed routes from the guild master.

    Would it be possible to make the skills that increase you stats (+2, +4, +6, +8) a repeatable "purchase" instead of a one time buy?

    It is just that I find myself with too many SP to spend and it is still only the start of Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bill!

      For the falling leaves, I'm experimenting on doing animations of it instead of being a weather effect. I'm afraid it'll slow the game down on older machines, but from my PC it looks good so far.

      As for the skills, man you must've grinded through all the missions if you can't spend them already and it's only the start of Summer. I've already planned for more use of the SPs, but that'll be implemented in the next release. Make sure to keep your save files so you don't lose 'em all! ;)

      Delete