Pages

Friday, June 23, 2023

Progress Update - Procrastinating Playing Around with AI


Hello everyone. I know it's been a long time since my last progress update, and for that I apologize. 

To recap, last time when I planned to release the v0.6 demo, it was only for the autumn season. But after some thoughts, I decided not to release it because of the limited time (30 days) to unlock all of the contents. And so, I continued to work on the winter season to increase the playing time for the demo. 

But these past few months, I experienced a writer's (or planner's) block. I have trouble finishing the 4 festivals needed for the demo. I'm not really sure the reason for the said block, but I think the stress of my full time job have finally gotten to me. Thus, I decided to take a break from the game (and also a break from work) to rest and also clear my mind.

Now, I'm a bit refreshed, and have continued to work on the game again, though in small doses. I'm not gonna set an exact date for the next release, but I really hope I can get the demo out before the end of the year. I know people have lost interest as this game has been in development for more than 10 years, but this is a hobby project of mine and I want the end product to be satisfying.

Well, I think that's enough of story-telling from me. Enjoy yourselves and have a nice day!

p/s: Just to share, during my so-called sabbatical, I decided to explore a lot of stuff. One of the interesting stuff I found was AI image generator! Who knew the technology have evolved until you can simply generate any kind of image you can imagine? Here's a few images I generated according to the game artworks, just for fun of course. The game's unlockable scenes will still be hand drawn by yours truly. Let me know which ones are your favorite!









No comments:

Post a Comment