Pages

Monday, April 5, 2021

Playing Older RPG Maker Games on Android?!

Hello hello. Sorry this is not an update of my game, but I think it's quite interesting to share with you guys.

I just found out there's a great emulator to play RPG Maker games on your android (sorry iOS users) called JoiPlay. I'll give you a step-by-step on how to do this for my Warrior's Quest Demo v0.2.

1. First you have to install the JoiPlay app and the JoiPlay RPG Maker Plugin on your device.

2. Then download the game you desire (in this case it's Warrior's Quest Demo v0.2), extract it to your device.

3. After that, you launch the app, touch the + button on the bottom right corner, and enter the game name and version (you can input anything, it doesn't matter).


4. Then, for the Executable File, touch CHOOSE, look for the game folder in your device and select the Game.exe. You can just leave the Icon empty and touch the ADD button.


5. After that, voila! Just launch the game and play! 
 

6. In the setting, you might want to change the opacity of the buttons and also re-configure the buttons. I changed the Sixth Button to SHIFT_LEFT so I can sprint.


7. So far I've only encountered this one error when I tried to exit the game. But if you saved your game, then there shouldn't be any problem.


Anyway, that's all I wanted to share today. Hopefully my next blog post would be a game related update. Have a nice day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment